We are not just accountants, we are business owners. We understand the myriad of pressures on your time.

Our focus is your success through combining the latest technology with traditional values.

Schedule a Call

How to Register for a Tax Return

Written by Jon Cooper

If you have not completed a tax return before, you need to register online with HMRC.

For everyone except sole traders and partnerships, to register with HMRC click here.

For a new sole trader, to register with HMRC click here.

For a new partner, to register with HMRC click here.

If you are the ‘nominated partner’, you need to register both yourself and the business partnership here.

HMRC target to post your Unique Taxpayer Reference that enables you submit a tax return within two weeks of registration.

Once you have your Unique Tax Reference you can either prepare and file a paper tax return before the deadline of 31st October 2015, enrol for the HMRC online service that grants a longer deadline of 31st January 2016 or appoint a tax advisor to act as your Agent.

To appoint CooperFaure, we would need is your Unique Tax Reference, National Insurance Number and Post Code to act on your behalf.

If you would like to arrange an initial free consultation to discuss your tax affairs or would like any further information, please email us at welcome@cooperfaure.co.uk

Keep Reading…

Show More Articles