We are not just accountants, we are business owners. We understand the myriad of pressures on your time.

Our focus is your success through combining the latest technology with traditional values.

Schedule a Call

Who Needs to Complete a 2014-15 Tax Return?

Written by Jon Cooper

In the UK, we are in the fortunate position where most people earning a PAYE salary or wage or receiving a pension do not need to complete a tax return.

However each year, as working and lifestyle patterns change, the number of tax returns increases. More than 10,000,000 were filed for the 2013-14 tax year.

For the 2014-15 tax year, if any of the following apply to you, a tax return is required:

In some circumstances, you would need to submit a tax return to claim a tax rebate from HMRC. For instance on:

For all except sole traders and partnerships, if you have not submitted a tax return before, you need to register online with HMRC here.

HMRC target to post your Unique Taxpayer Reference that enables you submit a tax return within two weeks of registration.

For a new sole trader, to register with HMRC click here.

For a new partner, to register with HMRC click here.

If you are the ‘nominated partner’, you need to register both yourself and the business partnership here.

Once you have your Unique Tax Reference you can either prepare and file a paper tax return before the deadline of 31st October 2015, enrol for the HMRC online service that grants a longer deadline of 31st January 2016 or appoint a tax advisor to act as your Agent.

If you would like our assistance with your tax return, we would need is your Unique Tax Reference, National Insurance Number and Post Code to act on your behalf.

If you would like to arrange an initial free consultation to discuss your tax affairs or would like any further information, please email us at welcome@cooperfaure.co.uk

Keep Reading…

Show More Articles